GenHex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenHex

Home of Generation Hex

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Keeping Move Hacks Always Active

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KWG
Admin
KWG

Keeping Move Hacks Always Active Empty
PostSubject: Keeping Move Hacks Always Active   Keeping Move Hacks Always Active I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Credit: WldFb

Here are some tips about keeping all move hacks always on.

Let's say we have this generic hack:

D106B454 xxxx
D106B456 xxxx
8106B460 xxxx
D106B454 xxxx
D106B456 xxxx
8106B462 xxxx

802Bxxxx xxxx
802Bxxxx xxxx
8132xxxx xxxx
8132xxxx xxxx
8134xxxx xxxx
8134xxxx xxxx

As you know, the toki 3 hacks can't be on before the ROM is loaded or they will make the game freeze. I've found a way to keep these codes active by using a couple of activators.

D0045845 0002 This address tells what menu you're currently at (02 is the main menu)
D134xxxx xxxx The original Toki 3 value for the move you're replacing
8134xxxx xxxx The Toki 3 line from your hack.

So, when you reach the main menu for the first time, the game will check if the move has the default values and replace them with the hack values (at that point the Toki 3 are already loaded so there will be no freezing).
To get the Toki 3 values for the default move just check in memory using CEP or Nemu at the address you need. Make sure you don't have an active hack that already replaces that move or you won't get the right ones. If you do, disable that hack and reset to get what you need.
Technically the second line is not necessary, you could just check for the menu. But in that way the values would be overwritten everytime you go to the main menu. I prefer using the additional activator, so they are replaced only once.

I've also recently found that the Toki 1 lines if kept always on mess with the menu textures and cause slowdowns during menu transitions and such. I've noticed the Tokis 1 are loaded in memory only when the match starts, so you only need this activator:

D015A5D1 0015 ("When you're in-match")
802Bxxxx xxxx
D015A5D1 0015
802Bxxxx xxxx

That's it. With these activators all hacks can be always on.

All of this applies to generic hacks though. Wrestlers specific codes don't need this because the wrestler ID activators are not used outside the match so there wouldn't be any problems with the Tokis on.

You should know though that for wrestler specific hacks, the wrestler ID is not enough as explained here:
http://thenomercyzone.clicdev.com/f/index....showtopic=29603

The Tokis once changed don't go back to the original values, so you need to do that manually to prevent the original move from glitching. There are different ways to do this. I use this:

(Front grapple hack)
D115AF50 0001 When P1 is The Rock
D115AF56 2E81 and he's front grappling an opponent
8132xxxx xxxx tokis for his hack are set
D315AF50 0001 When P1 is NOT The Rock
8132xxxx xxxx default tokis are set

So, whenever the Rock grapples an opponent the tokis for his hack are set so if he executes his hacked front grapple it will work correctly. Whenever someone else front grapples an opponent the default tokis are set, so in case they have the default move and they will execute it, there won't be any teleporting glitches and such.

D115AF56 is used to check the animation. 2E81 is for the front grapples. I'll add more later. Generally use an animation done when the move is not started yet. Don't use the animation for the hack itself or it will glitch because the Tokis are updated too late and they won't kick in.

You can also make this work with multiple wrestler specific hacks replacing the same move.
Let's say CAW 1 has a hack replacing the same move:

D115AF50 0001 When P1 is The Rock
D315AF50 0001 When P1 is NOT The Rock
D315AF50 0A01 and when P1 is NOT CAW 1

D115AF50 0001 When P1 is CAW 1
D315AF50 0A01 When P1 is NOT CAW 1
D315AF50 0001 and when P1 is NOT The Rock

------

One more thing about wrestler specific moves. With some of them it's not always easy to find a proper animation to use as an activator. With grapples you can use the grapple animation, but with strikes it can be tricky (you could use the standing animation, but you stand in different situations and you risk activating the tokis at the wrong time). With flying moves you can use the standing on the turnbuckle animation and with springboard move the standing on the apron animation. With some moves like a standing strike or the springboard moonsault it can be hard though. One way to go around this, is to make the move replace an unused slot instead of keeeping it wrestler specific. For flying / striking moves, you can use the old turnbuckle strikes from WM2000 for example. While they look similiar to other default moves like the front kick and elbow strike they use different values. I used a couple of these in Cuey's save and they work fine.

------

Master Move Mods

In order to keep the MMM always active you can use this code to check whether or not you're in SD Mall.

D114DB34 4D65 (If you're in SD Mall)
81044600 015E (Belly to back spin suplex = Belly to back spin suplex)
D314DB34 4D65 (If you're not in SD Mall)
81044600 0816 (Belly to back spin suplex = Super snap powerbomb 02)
makes the Super Snap Powerbomb 02 replace the Belly to Back Spin Suplex
Back to top Go down

Keeping Move Hacks Always Active
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GenHex :: AKI Library :: WWF No Mercy - Tutorials-
Jump to: