GenHex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenHex

Home of Generation Hex

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Repeating Animations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KWG
Admin
KWG

Repeating Animations Empty
PostSubject: Repeating Animations   Repeating Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 11:32 pm

How to Hack Repeated Animations Guide (Specifically Submission moves)
Credit: HaloOverHead

(This guide is for NEMU 64)

So you want to learn how to hack repeated animations ehh?
Well hopefully by the end of this tutorial you will know how.

First of all I'd like to thank D2A for releasing his modified Rear
Naked Choke hack a while back, because if it wasn't for that move
I never would have been able to figure out how to hack repeated animations,
or I wouldn't have figured it out so fast anyways. Ok now that I'm done
sucking up let us move on shall we?

First things first let's make a little check list of the things you
need and things that you need to know how to do:

Things that you will need:

1) NEMU 64 emulator (most recent version)
2) a notepad text document
3) a toki calculator

Things that you will need to know how to do:

1) Know how to use standard hacking techniques
2) Know how to find the values for:
a) toki mods 1
B) toki mods 2
c) toki mods 3
3) How to use:
a) toki mods 1
B) toki mods 2
c) toki mods 3
4) How to read.

In a nutshell that's all you need to know. I can even break it down
as much as just knowing how to use toki mods 2 and toki mods 3. Simply
because everything else will eventually fall into place. Also chances
are you will need to know how to use distance and left/right mods in order
to make your moves fit so if you don't know those you should take a look
at that too.

I won't go into detail about how to use toki mods 1 (that's a different subject)
but if you do know how to use them then you can get rid of unnecessary ring
bump effects that you don't want and can add them when you want and can also
remove/add sound effects and do a lot of other cool stuff to... so I suggest that
if you don't know them now to at least take a peak at them.

Also if you don't know how to use toki mods 2 or 3 I'll cover that to in this tutorial.

All right on to the actual hacking. For repeated animations and submission moves all
you need to know is that there are five parts to every submission move and four parts
to ever standard repeated animation (the doomsday device has about five or six parts if
I remember correctly, but in essence it still follows the same format). For submission moves these parts are:

Setting up the submission
Repeating the animations for the submission
Exiting the submission (without the opponent submitting/tapping out)
Exiting the submission (with the opponent submitting/tapping out)
Breaking up the submission

And then for repeated animations these parts are:

Setting up the repeated animation
Repeating the animations
Ending the repeated animations
Breaking up the repeated animations

Now each of these sections is a different move, the only difference is that they are linked together
and that the one in the middle repeats. So by knowing this we can see that we can use standard hacking
techniques in order to make these moves into our own custom moves. Now let's move on to the tutorial.

Now the way I'm going to do this is I'm going to go step by step through one of my moves, that way you can find
the values yourself and see if you got the correct matching values, this way you get a little more hands on
experience while you’re doing this.

Ok for this hack I'll have P1 doing the crippler crossface submission over the strangle
hold submission. Now the first thing we need to do is go to the smackdown mall -> ground -> upperbody submission ->
facing up -> strangle hold. Now open up the memory editor, type in 8006B454 in order to get P1's value.
The first three parts can all be seen in smackdown mall. Let's go through the steps of getting all the values you'll need:

1) Let's start with getting the values for the strangle hold.

a) Sometime before P1 goes into the next portion of the move pause the emulator and get the first four digits in next
to the animation addy, this is the move's value. Add 1 to this value in order to get P2's value (or you could type in
8006B514 at the same place you got P1's move value in order to get P2's move value). You should get 3DB7 for P1 and 3DB8
for P2.

B) Now move on to the next portion of the move (which will be the repeated animations portion) and repeat what you just
did in step 1a and write down the corresponding values for P1 and P2. You should get 3DB9 for P1 and 3DBA
for P2.

c) Now move on to the next portion of the move (which will be the last part of the move) and repeat what you just did
in steps 1a and 1b and write down the corresponding values for P1 and P2. You should get 3DBB for P1 and 3DBC
for P2. So overall here are the values:

3DB7
3DB8

3DB9
3DBA

3DBB
3DBC

d) Now wait I thought there were five parts? Well there are in order to find the actually tapping out/submitting and break up portion of the move you can do one of two things, you can go into the game and apply the strangle hold until the opponent taps/an opponent breaks it up, then pause the game and go the memory editor and repeat what you did in steps 1a, 1b, and 1c in order to get the value or if you recognized the pattern you can simply add 1 to 3DBC in order to get 3DBD for P1's move value (P1 is making P2 submit), add 1 to 3DBD in order to get 3DBE for P2 (P2 is submitting), add 1 to 3DBE in order to get 3DBF for P1 (submission is broken up), and add 1 3DBF in order to get 3DC0 for P2 (submission is broken up), these will be our values for the final part of the code. So this is all that you should have:

3DB7
3DB8

3DB9
3DBA

3DBB
3DBC

3DBD
3DBE

3DBF
3DC0

2) Now let's do it for the Crippler Crossface.

a) Go to smackdown mall -> ground -> upperbody -> facing down [Special] -> Crippler Crossface. Now repeat what you did in step 1 in order to get all the values for P1 (not P2) for the crippler crossface. These are the values you should get:

3E85

3E87

3E89

3E8B

3E8D

Now that you have all this we can now look up the all the toki's for each section.

3) With all the values that you have you can now look up the toki's of the moves.

a)Use the toki calculator in order to find the toki's for each section of the moves. Enter the four digits
value you just got in steps 1 and 2 in order to find the toki's for the move. For this tutorial we'll
just be concerned with getting the toki 2's. Here are the addys that the calculator will give you back:

81328F38
Back to top Go down

Repeating Animations
Page 1 of 1