GenHex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenHex

Home of Generation Hex

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Guide 1: Grapple Slots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Philbo Baggins
Admin
Philbo Baggins

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Empty
PostSubject: Guide 1: Grapple Slots   Guide 1: Grapple Slots I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 7:50 pm

PART 1: BASIC GRAPPLE MODIFICATIONS

In the 'B2' slot, select the Wrestler ID you want using the drop down menu. You must have a wrestler selected, otherwise it will create these mods for every wrestler in your game.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots

How manipulate grapple slots part 1: Generic grapple slot replacements.
This is on the first sheet of PCP and is my most commonly used component of the tool. With this section of the tool you are allowed to replace any grapple slot with any move (some have errors though and aren't compatible), and replace the damage as well to make the moves accurate.

Note: Corner grapples are temperamental right now, though I'm working on a fix. Only non-repeating corner grapples will be compatible at the moment. Otherwise the game will immediately initiate a rope break.

Also, for corner grapples, you can only replace one with another using the same part of the turnbuckle. What I mean by this, is that a superplex won't work with the corner kick.

Only stack corner grapples that are either top rope or standing, never mix the two.

Why is this cool? Because instead of just placing an IRN mod over a slot, which only changes the animation and not the damage/properties, we can replace the move AND assign new damage properties, even customize the damage.
We'll start with a regular move replacement to an ordinary grapple slot and then move to other slots like flying attacks later
Select the slot you want to place the mod in.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_2

To find the animation value to input in cell B6, go to the "Info and Misc Tools" tab at the bottom of the sheet.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_3

In that sheet, use the values found in the 'B' column in order to get the animation you want. Place the value in the proper cell on the first page

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_4

In this case, I'm placing the arm drag in the first grapple slot available for the sake of the demonstration. You'll notice that codes are generating in two spots, in columns 'J' and 'N'.

Column 'N' is for when you want a code to activate only when facing a certain opponent, we'll get into that later, just pay attention to the first column for now.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_5

Right now, you have a functioning IRN mod. You can actually call this code finished if all you want to do is replace an animation. This is good for moves that share the same damage, taunts, or moves that you want to customize 100% using individual damage mods.

You can select and highlight the column all the way down to row 49 (right before the first thick black line) to snag your code.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slot_6

Now, to assign damage. There are two different ways to do this, and keep in mind, if you use one way, you won't be able to use the other.

Either use the damage values found in cells B8 and B9, or use the Damage patching section at the end, but they aren't compatible with each other.

This is how to use the damage values section, which is what I most commonly use.
Once again, We'll be going to the 'Info and Misc Tools' sheet to find the addies/values we need.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_3

You will be using the addies you find in column A.

In this case, I want to increase the damage the armbar has, since it's incredibly weak and has about the same amount of damage as a regular punch.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_7

For this one, I'm going to use the damage for the Arm Dragon Screw, since it is much stronger and effects the parts of the body I want to be damaged.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_8

Put the first four numbers into the first damage value cell, and the next four in the one below.

You'll notice that the universal damage addy' first four numbers are '812f', and I put '802f', that's because the memory checks it as an 8-bit addy.

The universal damage mods WldFb listed were all in 16 bot format, and honestly, I didn't want to manually go through each one and change them, since it would take away literally hours of my time.

So with that one little detail, go ahead and put in the damage values.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_9

In the area directly below the Irn mod section, a damage code has been generated.

You can go ahead and highlight the IRN/Damage codes together and put them into your game as one code if you like.

And just like that, you've done a basic grapple mod with animation and damage changed.

Now your armbar will actually hurt your opponent.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_10

__
PART 2: SUBMISSION/PINNING/REPEATING MOVES
Now, let's say you want to replace a slot with a repeating or pinning move. This only requires a few extra steps.
Find the animation addy the same way, but in the repeating slot below the animation addy, input the same value but add +1 to it.

In this case, I am using the Canadian Backbreaker, who's value is 01A4, so in the next cell, I will put 01A5

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_11

When you locate the damage for repeating moves, you'll notice they have two addies, just use the first one.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_12

Input the values as you did before, but now you'll need to find the repeating slot in-match, or else the repeating animation will have errors.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_13

You'll notice below there's two addies, one for finding the repeating slot, and one to find the hip texture, ignore the hip texture for now.

Go into a match, perform the move, wait until the (glitched) repeating animation begins, and pause your emu.

In your debugger, search the addie '8015B1B8', and snag the first four numbers for your value.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_14

Though there is a drop down menu with some repeating slot values already listed, I noticed they aren't consistently accurate, as the repeating slot will move depending on your moveset and changes you make to it.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_15

You'll notice the second half of the damage slots are now filled, this will happen only for repeating moves.

Congrats! You've now replaced a grapple slot with a repeating move!

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_16

__
PART 3: FLYING ATTACKS
Flying attacks are much easier than repeating moves, Select the move Slot you want to replace, then right below, select it again (the addies will appear different for the same slot, don't worry, that's normal)

Assign he animation and damage as you would for a basic move slot replacement, and at the bottom cell, select the direction you want your wrestler to face when performing the attack (yes, you can reverse the flying attack if you want)

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_17

For flying attacks, you will need to not only copy and paste the codes from the 'J' column, but ALSO the 'M' column, otherwise your facing direction for your flying attack will not work.

Congrats! You've replaced a flying attack slot!

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_18

__
PART 4: CUSTOMIZATION

There is a section below this labeled 'Situations'
This section allows you to add custom situations or context to make the mods only activate at certain times.

Most have dropdown menus, but a few do not, such as "Action" or "Gimmick".

Values for action can be found in the 'Info and Misc Tools' sheet (broad action mods), and Gimmick values will be assigned using the gimmick tool below (more on that later).

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_19

Now, this i important, MOST of these situation addies will simply be added to the 'J' column, and you may copy and paste the code normally, but a few such as 'Wrestler facing' and 'Weight class' will require you to use the 'Wrestler Facing' section in column 'N'.

Note: The 'spirit tier' section is only compatible with the new store special system, which I will be releasing, soon, and the 'match type' section is only compatible with ChuckiePK's match type codes.

The 'hip texture' cell may be replaced with simple attire number codes later. However, if you want it to be a specific attire, this is what you would use, I did it this way in order to ensure it would work, even if you changed the attire slot of the costume in question.

Just pay attention to where the new lines of code generate to be sure.

ONLY use the 'J' column or the 'N' column for the code, never use them together for the same hack.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_20

__
PART 5: MOVE STACKING

This is probably the part that is the coolest. And it's quite simple, and can be used for any of the hacks we've discussed above.
Simply fill out the sections below the ones I discussed before. In the 'J' column (or the 'N' column if you are using situation hacks) you'll notice codes generating even further down the column, these areas behave exactly as the first, with the animation section/damage section being separated.

Use the codes as you regularly would, however, you MUST include the codes generated in either column 'K' or 'L', depending on how many moves you want stacked.

And that's it. You can now stack multiple moves into one slot!

I stopped at three moves since many times if you exceed that number, the game will have errors, I want to try and find a fix at some point.

Guide 1: Grapple Slots Grapple_slots_21

Back to top Go down
https://gexhex.forumotion.com

Guide 1: Grapple Slots
Page 1 of 1