GenHex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenHex

Home of Generation Hex

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Loco's AKI Tutorial

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KWG
Admin
KWG

Loco's AKI Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Loco's AKI Tutorial   Loco's AKI Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 7:41 pm

*note: I did not write this tutorial, this was made by Loco and posted at NMZ March 13th, 2010. I am re-posting it as I found a copy on my old hard drive.*

Well, what the hell I'm bored. This is just how I do it, I'm sure there are easier / better ways but, yea this is how I make them. I'm going to break it down into seperate sections, just editing this post and bumping with the updates. For this I am using Adobe Photoshop CS

Step 1 - The Face !

1. Find a face you want to use for the mod. Facing forward is ideal, sometimes you can get some other looks to work but, that's the exception to the rule. So use good face pics !

Loco's AKI Tutorial LunEsJf

-Thats the one I'm using. Make sure you erase everything else around the face, keep the hairline !

2. Open up your game and find a face that has similar facial features, and a front hair line that is correct to your mod. Since Shannon Moore now rocks the mohawk, we'll give him that.

Loco's AKI Tutorial XaRlubV

-Save that CAW, then edit the first face and give it some facial hair and face paint. A lot of the time, the face won't load up his-res if it doesn't have these for some reason.

- If you want to add facial hair to your face, or customize it, use one costume with no facial hair, and the 2nd costume with the same face, only with the closest facial hair needed.

3. Dump your face. (the one without the face paint / other stuff added, as that's what we'll be using from here on out)

4. Open your face. Go to Image > Mode > Indexed Color

Loco's AKI Tutorial YTHspEy

Use these settings (it doesn't matter if it's set to 20-200 colors, it will take all thats available anyways)

Loco's AKI Tutorial EpAoPKe

5. Now select your face your going to use, Go to Image > Mode > Indexed Color again, except with these settings.

Loco's AKI Tutorial KDVCA83

6. Now, you'll want to go to Image > Mode > RGB Color, for both the face your using, and the face you dumped.

Loco's AKI Tutorial A3DFrSx

7. Copy over the face your using over, your dumped face and line up everything according to the face. I like to use another layer of some brush over the eyes, nose, mouth, chin. But, whatever you do, do it.

Loco's AKI Tutorial PJmWuqu

8. Use a soft eraser and erase away the background of the face your using, and the edges so the head texture will blend in seemlessly with the face. Erase anything else you might not want as well...

Loco's AKI Tutorial C3eEpdS

9. Now everything looks, all pretty. It will look blurry in game, so go to Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen. Once or twice should do the trick.

Loco's AKI Tutorial 8FEmtYx

10. Save it and see how it looks in game and make any adjustments you need.

Loco's AKI Tutorial O0Xqw0b

11. I added some face paint using the pencil tool and a 1px brush and some hair taken from a blonde mohawk and shaved black hair.

Loco's AKI Tutorial 3lJgWF8

Part II - Logos

Now theres a number of ways to do the logos, so I'm going to break it down into 2 different ways.

Numero Uno
-The easiest way, but, the least appealing.

1. Simply open your logo, and whatever you're placing it on. Then place the logo on the body part and re-size it.

Loco's AKI Tutorial N1ulGZM

2. Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen. Once or Twice.

Loco's AKI Tutorial 34BDAXO

3. Done

Loco's AKI Tutorial MSBIyss

Numero Dos

1. Dump your body part you want the logo on, and the same texture (tights/shirt/whatever) with the main color of the logo. (For instance, Orange would be the color for this logo)

2. Open the logo, place it on the body part, re-size it. Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen.

Loco's AKI Tutorial 7iGtpZf

3. Select the Pencil tool at 1 px, and select a color from the logo. Then brush in all of that color.

Loco's AKI Tutorial 5PiX5Ru

4. Do the same with the other colors. Make sure each color has it's own seperate layer, as this will come in handy later.

Loco's AKI Tutorial 5Jz3XGo

-This part is optional but, don't be lazy and do it -

5. Now, open the textures you dumped with the logos main color (orange). And place it in the body texture.

Loco's AKI Tutorial R5sZFKZ

6. Right select the Orange color layer, and select layer transparency.

Loco's AKI Tutorial 4ta4L29

7. Now go to Select > Inverse. Select the orange shirt and press delete.

Loco's AKI Tutorial YhTb2Dd

8. Plug it in and see what it looks like.

Loco's AKI Tutorial VjanzQ1

Not to shabby.

Bonus! Classic NMZ palaver form the original thread.

Loco's AKI Tutorial SDlXTYN

(Credits: Philbo)
Back to top Go down

Loco's AKI Tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GenHex :: AKI Library :: WWF No Mercy - Tutorials :: Texture Modding Tutorials-
Jump to: